The price of being yourself, fully, with no apologies means…
- making choices others may not agree with or understand.
- not having to explain your actions.
- loving yourself, forgiving yourself, and accepting yourself despite your flaws, your imperfections, your humanness.
- having the courage to ask for what you need, speak your truth, own your story, set boundaries, and reach out for support. (Brene Brown)
- realizing the person you see in the mirror is beautiful beyond words, inside and out.
- being vulnerable.
- not everyone will like you, will get you or will want a relationship with you.
- learning not to compare yourself, your life and your decisions with anyone else’s.
- teaching yourself to replace the negative thoughts in your head with an inner self coach who constantly cheers you on.
- being so confident as not to need approval from others.
- making choices you feel are right without feeling guilty.
- allowing yourself to feel every emotion, positive and negative, instead of ignoring them.
- taking time to spend time with yourself.
- choosing who you will allow into your life and who you need to say adios to.
- believing you can do anything.
- daring to take a leap of faith, of change, of newness, of being you…wholeheartedly, 100% genuine and unique.
Being you means all of this and more.
The question is are you willing to pay the price?
P.S. This post was inspired by making a choice, I felt was right, today at work, then coming home to catch the tale end of Oprah’s Masterclass with Whoopi Goldberg talking about doing what’s right.