I just finished reading ‘My Year With Eleanor’ by Noelle Hancock. It is a memoir based on Eleanor’s famous quote, Do one thing that scares you everyday. Noelle takes this on, doing one thing a day for a year. I highly recommend the book as the things Noelle tackles are awesome! I loved the book so much I thought I would inspire you by posting some quotes from Eleanor…enjoy!
- You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
- Anger is only one letter short of danger.
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
- When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted.
- What you don’t do can be a destructive force.
- Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.
- If life were predictable, it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Well behaved women rarely make history.
- Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
Thank you Noelle for writing a book about courage and conquering your fears. Thank you Eleanor for having courage and being a woman with integrity, grit and fire in her spirit. Both of your lives are glowing examples of how to dare greatly.